What are Your Vaccination Requirements?
Dogs on premises, per state law, must have current vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian for Rabies and Distemper. Bordetella (canine cough) vaccine is highly recommended.
Cats on premises, per state law, must have current vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian for Feline Distemper and Rabies. Feline Leukemia vaccine is highly recommended.
Distemper and Rabies requirements may be waived upon written recommendation from pet’s veterinarian due to age or special health condition of pet. Hard copy to be kept on file.
Do You Have a Flea/Tick Policy?
Yes. Pets coming in will be checked for fleas and ticks. If any are found, a bath and/or protective application will be necessary at the owners expense prior to entering the resort. Heartworm and parasite monthly prevention is highly recommended to prevent zoonotic diseases.
What is Your Cancellation Policy?
Except for holidays and spring break, all reservation cancellations require a two week notice. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required to hold your reservation and will be used towards your final bill at check out.
What Are My Payment Options?
Payment in full is required at the time of checkout. We accept payment in the form of cash, check with valid driver's license, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and debit cards. We reserve the right to request a non-refundable deposit on all services.
Do You Offer Any Discounts?
Yes! We offer the following discounts:
- Active Military Boarding Disc. 10% off
- Extended Stay (30 days or more) 25% off
- Senior Pet in Luxury Suite Disc. 15% off
- Punch Card Discount - Receive a FREE boarding night per pet on NEXT return visit when 10 punches received on punch card.
What Do I Bring to Check-in?
- Current vaccination records (if they haven't already been faxed)
- All medications clearly labeled with specific instructions for administration. Oral medication administration is $1 per administration and Insulin injections are $2 per administration.
- Emergency contact phone information
- Owner-provided food must be labeled and pre-packed in plastic containers of individual serving portions. Owners whose pets are staying for longer than five days may bring their food in the commercial bag with feeding instructions. See Diet Menu of premium foods we provide at $1 per serving if our diets are used.
What Belongings Can My Pet Bring?
- You may bring 2 toys for your pet but we suggest you do not bring your pet's favorite toy - bring new toys that will stimulate your pet's interest.
- Please do not bring any item which may be chewed.
- All items brought in will be left inside the suites at all times so that they do not get lost. Five Points will not be responsible for damaged or destroyed toys while the pet is staying with us.
- Please label all items with your last name and the pet's name. We will not be responsible for items lost or eaten.
- We do not guarantee return of any items - please only bring items you consider to be "disposable."
- We provide comfy bedding such as blankets, pet cots and lambskin rugs to cover the floor of our suites. You may bring your pet's bed and blanket to make your pet feel more comfortable. Please do not bring large foam or cedar filled pet beds as they are difficult for us to wash.
- We use stainless steel bowls that are washed and sanitized after each use so you do not need to bring bowls from home.
What is Your Admissions Policy?
We reserve the right to deny admittance to pets lacking proof of vaccinations and/or pets displaying signs of untreated or potentially contagious conditions and/or aggressive behavior. We reserve the right to charge handling fees for excessively difficult or aggressive pets requiring additional staff and/or additional time in order that we may deliver proper care. Upon admission for services, you will sign a contract acknowledging your awareness and acceptance of our policies. Minimum age for all boarding and fun activities is 4 months with vaccinations current. Please make sure that you bring your pet into the office on a leash when you arrive at Five Points Pet Resort at Vass.
Can Someone Else Drop Off or Pick Up My Pet?
Please let us know if you have made arrangements for someone else to drop off or pick up your pet for boarding. We do not accept or release pets to anyone other than the owner unless prior arrangements have been made.
Do You Have a Dirty Dog Policy?
Yes. We reserve the right to administer a bath at a charge of $15 to the client for a pet who has defecated or urinated in their kennel and then run through it or rolled around in it, leaving the pet with a soiled coat.
What Happens in an Emergency?
Every attempt will be made to provide the care necessary for your pet should an emergency occur. Please leave a phone number where you can be reached or an emergency contact person so that communication between you and the veterinarian can take place in a timely manner. If there is an emergency, we contact your veterinarian first. If he or she is unavailable, we contact another veterinarian. Then we call you at the emergency number you provide. Please notify us about any pertinent medical history or problems with your pet.